|Proudly accessible and inclusive
In the past year, through training and accreditations, we have been able to implement a huge range of developments to ensure BIG4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort is inclusiveness and accessible for everyone! Complementing our existing accessible facilities and our Autism Sensory Room, we offer a range of facilities which we hope will make the world of difference to someone’s Whitsunday holiday experience!
Following is a highlight of our most recent activities:
• We completed SIX Quality Tourism Accredited Business (QTAB) Accessibility Module resulting in accreditation for: Low mobility, Cognitive disability and Autism, Wheelchair Access, Low vision, Low hearing, Allergies and Intolerances.
• We were a Project Champion in the National Accessible Tourism Mentoring Pilot Program: Delivered by Austrade and Push Adventures, BIG4 Adventure Whitsunday.
Resort was one of the first businesses nationwide to complete the evaluation framework.
• We received our Accessible Accommodation’s Independent Wheelchair User Qualification.
• We provide accessible public amenities and offer four self-contained, interior designed, accessible-friendly cabins with ramps.
• Our existing Accessible Deluxe Studio (Cabin 12) is now also designated as our visually impaired cabin.
• Our resort signage features braille.
• We completed Disability Awareness Training through Spinal Life Australia.
• We have improved our online assets for the ease of the vision impaired.
Our dedicated Autism Sensory room, ‘The Reilly Room’, features everything expected to be found in an autism specific educational setting, catering for children on the autism spectrum and their families by offering a special holiday retreat.
Read more on www.adventurewhitsunday.com.au/autism-sensory-room/